Saturday 27 September 2008

Mate in two

As the title goes. This is from a game this morning. Not bad game because there are solid choices among dubious ones all the way to the move 30 or so. And now everything was in its right place. It's whites move.
It's mate in two.



I missed it. Lately I have focused pretty much in the opening phase. I wish I get better seeing these kinds of positions clearly. I miscalculate combinations and my mind is not well set. This is what I would like to be better at - among basic pawn endgames, mates and so on.

2 comments:

Drew said...

It took me a while, but I got it.

Lauri said...

After your comment I came back and still it wasn't obvious to me. I wonder what is the difference between my thinking process and the thinking process of a person that realises there is mate there. One idea I have is that it could be about squares. That the difference is to look at the area around black king as squares that are occupied or threatened and free or weak squares and see that the king could be cornered easily.