Friday 13 February 2009

Alternate ways of approaching the same thing

I've been working on Chessmaster drills the last days. One interesting change that I noticed after working this time on memorizing 4-6 piece positions. It was really difficult first. But today I begun to make stories in my mind to memorize them.

For example:



"It's black's turn and he or she promotes to queen. All of three pieces are in the same diagonal with one square in between. King is on c8."

Funniest stories are with all pieces. I've had shotguns and what else on the positions.

I'm still to find out how these drill exercises are viewed in chess training usually and how are they used and is there other posibilities to get on with them than chess software as Chessmaster.

Watching Josh Waitzkins interview on YouTube confirmed me on some of my ideas I've been forming on my mind about chess and gave more food for my thoughts.

No comments: