Thursday 5 May 2011

Radjabov versus Kramnik first game prediction time

It is interesting question to try to figure out what Radjabov will play today. Last slow time control game Radjabov played e4, I think which lead to Petroff 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.Nxe5 d6 4.Nf3 Mfxe4 after which in last encounter Radjabov played Nc3 and two previous times d4.

Of course here psychology comes to picture. In my opinion Radjabov plays "fundamental" chess in which he is trying to play what is essential. I wouldn't think Kramnik steps aside so early. Petroff has always been his main weapon so why wouldn't he trust his preparation. Somewhere there with white Radjabov is ready to deviate.

I gotta tell you my instinct tells this is where Radjabov has gone. If he hasn't found anything there after 1.d4 Kramnik has played d6 in Moscow blitz world championship and in my database that is their latest encounter after 1.d4 ..d5 was played in 2007 and ..Nf6 last time 2003.

No comments: